Are you ready to take your job search to the next level?
Look no further than JVS Bay Area, your trusted partner in finding a fulfilling and thriving career.
We help you build on your existing strengths and provide you with the necessary skills to reach your career goals.
At JVS, we believe in the potential of every individual, regardless of their background, and are committed to helping them achieve their goals.
Our services are designed to build the skills and confidence of jobseekers from all walks of life. Our expertise lies in industries where we have established strong partnerships and in-depth knowledge, such as healthcare, skilled trades, and technology. And, our programs are completely free of charge.
If you meet the following criteria, you may be eligible to participate in one of our training programs:
- Must be 18 years of age or older and interested in securing meaningful employment with opportunities for economic growth.
- Must be a California resident. Specific residency requirements vary by program.
- Should have a demonstrated economic need for the program, such as current unemployment or underemployment.
- Must be highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills.
- Should have a valid authorization to work in the United States, such as U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or an employment authorization card.
- Must be available and present for the entire duration of the program (program duration varies by program).
- Proficiency in basic math, computer literacy, and intermediate English (both written and oral communication) is required.
- Should be comfortable navigating and engaging in online and cohort-based learning.
- Must be able to provide a U.S. high school diploma, GED, or equivalency and translation for programs that require it.
- Please note that some programs may conduct background checks and drug screenings based on employer partner requirements, and eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis and informed by employer partner requirements.
We are here to guide and support you every step of the way
We welcome applications from individuals who self-identify as women, Black, Latine, AANHPI, people of color, young people aged 18-24, veterans, and jobseekers with previous conviction histories.
At JVS, we value diversity and inclusivity, and some of our training programs are designed to prioritize individuals with specific identities. We encourage you to apply and join our community.
Questions about applying to a JVS program? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Supporting High School & Transition-Aged Young People
In addition to serving adults, through our high school partnerships and bridge programs we annually support more than 750 young people from 14-24 in preparing for the workforce and gaining valuable experience.
Through our comprehensive support programs, we provide the guidance, resources, and opportunities they need to thrive and pave their path to a fulfilling future.