Apply to train for a career in healthcare
The Healthcare Academy prepares you for a career in healthcare by offering training programs and job search support at no cost to participants.
- Job placement services
- Career support services
- Must be a resident of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Must be 18 years of age or older and interested in securing meaningful employment with opportunities for economic growth
- Must be able to provide a U.S. high school diploma, GED, or equivalency with translation
- Should have a valid authorization to work in the United States, such as U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or an employment authorization card
- Must be available and present for the entire duration of the program
- Must provide proof of up-to-date immunizations
- Must be registered for Selective Service (males only)
- Prior to applying, please review JVS’s full program eligibility requirements and FAQ.
1. Learn about the Healthcare Academy
Read an overview of Healthcare Academy training programs including the skills and certifications you can qualify for.
2. Submit an interest form
Submit an interest form and a Healthcare Academy coordinator will follow up with you to advise you on what you may qualify for and schedule you for an orientation.
3. Enroll in a training program
After you have attended an orientation, you should be able to identify the right training program to enroll in.
What You’ll Learn
- Technical skills and job readiness
- Where to access free job search resources
- How to access community resources to start your career in healthcare
- Internship/externship placement skills