About the Program
We are thrilled to offer a comprehensive 4-6 month online training in IT Support, designed to equip you with the essential skills for a career in the tech industry. In partnership with Grow with Google, our program is a perfect starting point for those seeking entry-level positions in IT Support. You don’t need prior experience or a degree to enroll in this flexible online job training program. We believe in providing equal opportunities for everyone to learn and grow in the world of technology. Through our IT Support program, you’ll gain valuable knowledge and hands-on experience, preparing you for a thriving future in the tech field.
- This program runs from October 9 – April 30, 2024 with mandatory orientations on October 2, 3, and 4
- Online soft skills training is October 9 – 12 9:30am-2:30pm
- Online technical and job search training is October 16 – February 16 Mon/Tues/Wed 9:30am-11:30am
- Internships will occur in March and April 2024
- Must be a resident of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and interested in securing meaningful employment with opportunities for economic growth.
- Must be able to provide a U.S. high school diploma, GED, or equivalency with translation.
- Should have a demonstrated economic need for the program, such as current unemployment or underemployment.
- Should have a valid authorization to work in the United States, such as U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or an employment authorization card.
- Must have at least 6 months of work experience in a customer service-related role.
- Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
- Must be available and present for the entire duration of the program.
- Prior to applying, please review JVS’s full program eligibility requirements and FAQ.
What You’ll Learn
- Key day-to-day IT support tasks including computer assembly, wireless network setup, program installations, and delivering excellent customer service
- How to efficiently address customer needs, from identifying programs to troubleshooting and debugging, and more
- How to use a wide range of systems including Linux, Domain Name Systems, Command-Line Interface, and Binary Code
- Best practices in job searching, interview preparation, and crafting a high impact resume
As of 2022, the median wage for IT Support Specialists in CA is $27 per hour, with a 2021-2031 job growth projection of 19%.
Some possible career pathways for this occupation include:
- Computer Network Support Specialist
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Computer Systems Analyst, Computer Programmer
- Information Security Analyst
JVS is just amazing. They’re extremely supportive of the whole community. When I see someone in a similar situation or trying to better themselves, I promote JVS anyway I can. They want to do whatever it takes to help you succeed.~ Kali, Information Systems Trainee, S.F. Controller’s Office
Take the Next Step
We are not currently accepting applications to this program. Sign-up for our newsletter below to be alerted when the application opens.