About the Program
Learn the latest job search skills and tactics in our no-cost, industry-standard, and data-driven free job search training program. Refine your job search skills using pre-recorded materials on JVS’s online learning platform, and by engaging with instructors and fellow cohort members in online interactive sessions.
The Job Search Accelerator (JSA) program is for tech-bound professionals.
- This program runs from October 9 through October 26 with a mandatory orientation on October 5
- Online class is Monday through Thursday 9am-1pm
- This program includes 35 hours of virtual training via Zoom & 360Learning
- Post-program support includes monthly job search advising sessions, corporate events, and mock interviews for up to 1 year
- Must be a resident of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Must be 18 years of age or older and interested in securing meaningful employment with opportunities for economic growth
- Must be able to provide a U.S. high school diploma, GED, or equivalency with translation
- Should have a valid authorization to work in the United States, such as U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or an employment authorization card
- Must be available and present for the entire duration of the program
- Must have a tech focused target job
- Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination
- Prior to applying, please review JVS’s full program eligibility requirements and FAQ.
What You’ll Learn
- Research: decoding the job description and informational
- Preparation: developing a strong resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, and elevator pitch
- Application: adapting your resume to fit the job description, and understanding the Applicant Tracking System
- Interviewing: crafting interview response stories and practicing with corporate partners
- Networking: creating and leveraging your social and professional networks
The Job Search Accelerator program was a paradigm shift, not only in my job search but also in restoring my faith in myself after years of struggling following my layoff. I landed my dream job in great part thanks to the support of JVS.~ Mimi, JSA Alum
Take the Next Step
We are not currently accepting applications to this program. Sign-up for our newsletter below to be alerted when the application opens.