About the Program
Get ready for a career in healthcare administration. JVS’s Practice Coordinator Training program is a no-cost month-long training program that will pave your way to employment in the healthcare industry. You will learn valuable skills and gain expertise in healthcare support functions. Upon successful completion of the program, you will have the opportunity to interview and engage with our employer partner for a limited contract role, giving you the opportunity to showcase your talents.
- This program includes 4 weeks of live virtual classroom training
- Successfully completing the training may result in a paid 16 week Practice Coordinator rotation at UCSF
- You will receive post-program job placement assistance provided by JVS
- Technology support may be available for participants
- Must be a resident of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and interested in securing meaningful employment with opportunities for economic growth.
- Must be able to provide a U.S. high school diploma, GED, or equivalency with translation.
- Should have a valid authorization to work in the United States, such as U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or an employment authorization card.
- Must be available and present for the entire duration of the program.
- Must be in good standing with San Francisco State University and San Francisco State University College of Professional & Global Education.
- Must have customer service experience.
- Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
- Prior to applying, please review JVS’s full program eligibility requirements and FAQ.
What You’ll Learn
- Important medical terminology, and fundamentals of anatomy and physiology
- Customer service best practices, and administrative functions including organizing and managing patient appointments, scheduling, navigating and handling electronic medical records, and more
- Key legal and ethics practices including HIPPA rules, Patient’s Bill of Rights, and incident reports
- Best practices for preventing and controlling infections, and navigating common emergency situations in the healthcare setting
- Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Word
- Best practices in job searching, interview preparation, and crafting a high impact resume
As of 2022, the average wage range for Practice Coordinators in CA is $19 – $29 per hour, with a 2021-2031 job growth projection of 15%.
Some possible career pathways for this occupation include:
- Health Technologist
- Correspondence Clerk
- Treatment Coordinator
- Medical Records Specialist
- Executive Assistant
Our JVS cohort became like a family. We always supported each other and I looked forward to seeing everyone. I learned so much through the program and felt so supported through the process.~ Melody, Practice Coordinator II
Take the Next Step
We are not currently accepting applications to this program. Sign-up for our newsletter below to be alerted when the application opens.