About the Program
In partnership with SpringBoard, JVS is excited to offer a no-cost training program that will prepare you for a career in Technology Sales (aka Sales Development Representative or SDR). The Tech Sales training program combines a self-paced curriculum with virtual class time, which will provide participants with skill-building support, professional training, and motivational sessions.
- This is a 4 to 6 month training program with a paid 2 month internship.
- This is an online program with an estimated 15 hours per week of self-study.
- You will receive networking opportunities and job search support with fellow cohort members and employers.
- Must be a resident of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and interested in securing meaningful employment with opportunities for economic growth.
- Must be able to provide a U.S. high school diploma, GED, or equivalency with translation.
- Must have a minimum of six months’ experience in a sales or customer-facing role.
- Should have a valid authorization to work in the United States, such as U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or an employment authorization card.
- Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
- Must be available and present for the entire duration of the program.
- Schedule that allows weekly participation in virtual classes and independently-paced learning.
- Prior to applying, please review JVS’s full program eligibility requirements and FAQ.
What You’ll Learn
- How to gather, clean, transform and interpret data using various tools
- How to optimize and improve the efficiency of day-to-day processes
- Recognize and breakdown the business problem a company is trying to solve
- Explore and analyze data to provide a series of recommendations that the business can adopt
- Conclude and present data using visualization tools to business leaders
As of 2022, the median wage for Technical Sales Representative in CA is $54 per hour, with a 2021-2031 job growth projection of 12%.
Some possible career pathways for this occupation include:
- Sales Manager
- Customer Success Manager
- Account Executive Sales Engineer
- Administrative Service Manager
Take the Next Step
We are not currently accepting applications to these program. Sign-up for our newsletter below to be alerted when application opens.